Artificial intelligence has arrived. I have been tracking it since the late 1980s, when I became involved in a software start-up focused on problem resolution in IT service desk and customer support applications. Interest in AI has waxed and waned since then, but today it has reached a peak as practical applications have matured and disrupted business, government and consumer markets.
I have had multiple opportunities to write about AI and machine learning in marketing automation, bid optimization in search engine marketing, customer service, financial services (credit scoring and fraud detection), data security, manufacturing, agriculture and other applications. I expect these opportunities to keep popping up for the foreseeable future and look forward to exploring applications in robotics, machine vision and many other use cases.
- 3 Advances Changing the Future of Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing — From Autodesk’s online magazine RedShift.
- AI and Machine Learning: Key FICO Innovations — Positioning white paper for FICO.
- A High Stakes Bet on Agricultural Yield Enhancement — Positioning white paper for Visual Farms.
- Predict Customer Behavior with Intent Data — Predictive analytics white paper, from 7.
- Goal-Based Bidding — Bid optimization advice for search engine marketers, from 7.
I have ghost-blogged on machine learning for other clients, and have written articles on the broader implications of AI adoption, including the technology’s potential to influence political attitudes and even to sway election outcomes.