I am looking for opportunities to make travel writing a regular part of my repertoire, because I do travel (five continents), and I do write for the kinds of audiences who read travel stuff.
- Two Weeks in Kenya: Seeing the World’s Inequities Up Close (Bloom Magazine)
I wrote a series of visitor’s guide articles about Yosemite National Park for a well-known travel web site. And as a magazine journalist, I write about destinations — for example:
- These Watering Holes Are for Grownups (Bloomington, Indiana)
If you need travel content, here’s what I offer:
- Insatiable curiosity about people and places. I’ve traveled in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America and across the US and Canada. I share my experiences, and occasionally even advice, at the travel-oriented social media site Trippy. Follow me there. I also am a member of the Matador Network, a community of travel and
culture writers. I advise Operation Crossroads Africa, a not-for-profit that sends student groups from the US to Africa each summer, on communications and social media strategy.
- Popular audience writing chops. I can engage, inform and entertain a consumer readership.
- An eye for visuals. I’m not a professional photographer, but sometimes the writer is the only one on the scene, and I’m reasonably handy with a camera.