Peter Dorfman is a committed, lifelong Progressive and has been passionate about politics and public policy for his entire adult life. He has been active in communications for the Bloomington Refugee Support Network, Bloomington, Indiana’s advocacy network for refugee resettlement, and other local initiatives.
He contributed policy materials to the campaign of Janice Kovach, 2014 Democratic candidate for the US Congress in New Jersey’s 7th District.
I had the opportunity to work with Peter during my run for Congress in 2014. We met when I was looking for assistance in developing policy papers. Peter met with me several times and helped narrow the scope of the work we needed to focus on. He was able to take the issues that were so important to me as well as the congressional race and deliver them in a clear concise manner that made it easy for anymore not familiar with the issue to understand.
He was always available to answer questions and kept abreast of issues as they arose to make sure we were aware – he was engaged and believed in all the work that we did.
Peter was truly instrumental in developing a clear vision and sharing them with our constituents.
Janice Kovach, Mayor of Clinton, NJ
- The Plight of Asylum-Seekers (Bloom Magazine)
Originally trained as a journalist, he has been a blogger and essayist on ethics and politics, and can provide his eloquent advocacy as a service to not-for-profit organizations and political campaigns. He publishes occasional essays at Medium.com on politics and public policy:
- What the Ultra Wealthy Really Want: They want out
- What We’re Defending in Baghdad: Opening an Iraq War time capsule
- The Ukraine Opportunity: Reasons to be cheerful about the Crimea occupation
- FIFTY Votes to Dismantle Obamacare? Oh, okay, I think I understand it now
Here are some other examples of his work:
- Drones Are Our Fault
- Let’s Let the States Own the Gun Debate
- The Gulf: Then and Now
- Some Things I Didn’t Know About Alaska