Sales teams look to Marketing for content that helps an identified prospect to move quickly and confidently through the purchase decision process. Sales enablement content positions the offering on the spectrum of buying options, answers the predictable questions, and helps the prospect to sell up through his/her own organization.
- The content helps the sales rep counter anticipated objections — the prospect’s own, as well as those that might be raised by other stakeholders.
- Sales enablement content may include materials intended to be modified or customized to meet the needs of specific prospects.
Most content is distributed in electronic formats. Sales enablement content may be the exception — printed leave-behinds or trade show collateral still have value in the content mix.
Examples of Sales Enablement content include:
- Case studies/user stories
- Bridgeway Software: “Eight Roadblocks to a New ELM Implementation (And How to Break Through Them).”
- FICO: “Engaging advanced analytics to combat telecommunications fraud.“