Journalism was Peter Dorfman’s original profession; he has served as editor or publisher of trade journals in the health care, biotechnology and retail fields, and written on diverse subjects for executive, investment banking, management, engineering and popular/consumer audiences. He is a regular contributor to Bloom, the popular lifestyle magazine serving his adopted hometown of Bloomington, Indiana, as well as RedShift, the online magazine sponsored by Autodesk.
Examples of feature articles:
- The Plight of Asylum-Seekers (Bloom Magazine — Second Prize, Society of Professional Journalists’ Best of Indiana Journalism competition, in Investigative Journalism, 2017)
- The Stone Age Institute (Bloom Magazine)
- ‘Tis the Season to Optimize Search Bidding (Marketingland.com) Sponsored content written for 7.
- Cell Phones in the College Classroom: 7 Strategies from Educators (CourseHero.com — as of May 2018, one of the most-clicked articles on the CourseHero blog)
- Are You Still Bidding Like It’s 2007? (Marketingland.com) Sponsored content written for 7.
- Photo Finish: Annual End-of-the-Year Photo Books Capture Precious Family Highlights (Costco Connection)
- K-12 Goes Mobile: Tablets in the Classroom (SupportWorld)
- The Accidental Knowledge Manager (Knowledge Management Magazine)
An incisive interviewer, Mr. Dorfman has published Q&A features with more than 40 thought leaders from the health care, investment banking and policy worlds.
He can provide photography to accompany a feature article, if that’s the appropriate way to illustrate it. While not a professional photographer, he is reasonably handy with a camera.