“When it comes to knowledge management — technologies, practicalities, process improvement, KM strategies — Peter Dorfman has deep understanding across the board. He challenges the pontifications of KM utopians and supplants them with realistic ideas that help organizations share intellectual capital and knowledge, regardless of the infrastructure budget or work culture foundation.”
Cinda Daly, Director of Business Content, HDI
Peter Dorfman has been a consultant, author, conference speaker and practitioner in KM for more than 20 years.
- Leader of international, cross-functional teams; adviser to executives, managers and line personnel, in Legal, Health Care, Pharmaceuticals/Life Science, Financial Services, Information Technology and other verticals.
- Over 20 years hands-on experience in KM and the implementation of KM tools, processes and content.
- Global adoption leader for SharePoint; leader of a global organizational SharePoint version migration.
- Project Management: Process and application implementation and launch, including IT Service Management (ITIL®) and Knowledge Management process adoption.
- KM thought leadership – author of a book and numerous professional journal articles, as well as an original training course, on Knowledge Management Adoption; frequent conference speaker. Professional certifications in ITIL (Ver. 2 and 3) and Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) frameworks.
- Software development life-cycle understanding and hands-on experience in concept, requirements planning, design, usability testing, documentation, and support; skilled in development of use cases for integration.
Peter Dorfman’s consulting clients have included…
- Ancillary Care Management
- Apogee Networks
- Bain Capital
- CA (Computer Associates)
- Concord EFS
- Cutler-Hammer (Eaton Corp.)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Fourth Shift
- Island Data
- Lawson Software
- McGill University
- McKesson HBOC
- Merck & Co.
- Nash Finch
- Nevada System of Higher Education
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk
- New Holland North America
- Ontario Systems
- Optio Software
- ServiceWare Technologies
- Towers Perrin
One response to “Knowledge Management”
Pingback: A Writer’s Portfolio in Hyperbolic Form | Peter Dorfman Creative Services