“While I worked with Peter at HP, he developed a distance learning course for the attorneys and staff to help them fully benefit from HP’s huge SharePoint investment. He established a broad base of site administration support among the Legal Admin Staff and this made a big difference in an environment with a cost-constrained IT department as well as severe travel restrictions.”
Stephanie Corey, Former Chief of Staff, HP Office of the General Counsel
Peter Dorfman has authored and produced numerous kinds of training materials, including complete courses, using several media. In addition to PowerPoint and printed materials, he has built courseware on Adobe Captivate and Microsoft SharePoint (2007 and 2010), as well as scripting and producing training videos. He has:
- Produced an original two-day training course on Knowledge Management Adoption, delivered for a multi-client audience in New York and at McGill University, Montreal.
- Edited a series of soft-skills training audio scripts for a courseware developer serving the Middle Eastern and Eastern European markets.
- Developed and delivered a SharePoint Distance Learning course for administrative and paralegal staff for the Office of the General Counsel at Hewlett Packard (one of the world’s largest in-house corporate law departments). Created all content, registered participants and delivered the course to over 100 OGC staff in the US, Europe, Africa and Asia, entirely on the SharePoint platform.
- Developed how-to training content to help drive SharePoint adoption at HP.
- Scripted and built a series of 20 user training videos for British Telecom in support of a software rollout, using Adobe Captivate.