“Peter developed an excellent white paper for our product that continues to provide value to BMC software today. He has an excellent understanding of the market, provides excellent results and has delivered value that continues to drive sales for our knowledge management offering.”
Russ Tolley, Lead Product Manager at BMC Software
Not always glamorous to look at, marketing or technical white papers nonetheless can have an essential place in your arsenal of marketing tools, providing powerful evidence to support your product positioning and value proposition. Technology companies typically use these long-form documents to differentiate their offerings from those of competitors early in the competitive selection process. Portions of white paper content may be reused in responses to RFPs or proposals. Peter Dorfman has written numerous white papers for technology vendors large and small. Here are some examples.
- Agile Decisioning in an Unprecedented Downturn — How cloud services help FICO clients deal with the pandemic crisis.
- AI and Machine Learning: Key FICO Innovations — Positioning white paper for FICO.
- Predict Customer Behavior with Intent Data — Predictive analytics white paper, from 7.
- Goal-Based Bidding — Bid optimization advice for search engine marketers, from 7.
- How to Win at Paid Search — Basic search engine marketing wisdom from Campanja/7.
- 4 Desktop Disruptions: The Computing Workspace as We Know it Will Never be the Same — Thought leadership from RES Software.
- TouchCommerce: The Telco Industry’s Quest for Digital Transformation — Omni-channel marketing white paper on use cases for telecommunications companies. (The white paper has been repurposed in abridged form as a blog post.)
- IT Security in Denmark: Internal and External Challenges for Delivering on the Promise — Study of data security gaps among Danish enterprises.
- TouchCommerce: Mobile Commerce and the Brick and Mortar Retailer — Positioning white paper for a novel e-commerce software solution.
- Information Governance Initiative — Making IG Real: Six Stories from the Front Lines of Information Governance Success. A Case Study with Active Navigation.
- SharePoint-Videos.com: Marketing white paper to explain the value of in-context help, for adopters of Microsoft SharePoint, supporting the marketing of the company’s context-sensitive help system add-on, VisualSP. (The white paper has been repurposed in abridged form as a blog post.)
- Nlyte Software: Nlyte Aligns Your Data Center’s Physical Infrastructure. Positioning of Nlyte‘s Data Center Infrastructure Management platform in the context of IT Service Management.
- Knowledge Powered Solutions Ltd. — Microsoft SharePoint and Knowledge Management Systems Marketing white paper differentiating SharePoint from true KM solutions.
One response to “White Papers”
Pingback: White Papers aren’t quite dead yet | Peter Dorfman Creative Services